FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
The most frequently asked questions are posted here. If your question is not answered here, please contact us.
What is the electrical output of the System?
The System is available in configurations from 250kW to 750kW .
The System also produces electricity, Thermal Energy (hot air) and Co-Generation.
What are the emissions of the System?
The System has been thoroughly test and is environmentally friendly. Emissions tests results are available upon request.
What fuel works best in the System?
The System works best with wood and wood based products such as woodchips and cardboard. The more dense the fuel, the more efficiently the System operates.
What fuels work with the System?
- The System works with a wide variety of Biomass, including:
- Wood waste (debris; wooden pallets)
- Trees, brush, invader bush, saw-grass, weeds
- Sawdust, cardboard, paper & pulp, discarded fruits and vegetables
- Most types of crop waste including corn cobs and husks
- Sugar cane bagasse
- Almond, coconut, nutmeg, peanut and walnut shells; Olive pits, pulp, skins and tree trimmings
- Grape skins, pulp, pits and vine trimmings.
- Animal manure and certain types of commercial and municipal waste (may require a mixture of fuels such as wood chips, sawdust, etc.)
What is the size and weight of the System?
The System weighs, in total, about 80,000 lbs (40 tons).
When assembled, the System is 12 feet wide, 12 feet high and 40 feet long.
The System is easily transportable because it is modular and mobile.
How much fuel does the System require?
- Depending upon the fuel's density and moisture content, the 375kW System requires between 10 and 12 tons of fuel per 24 continuous hours of operation.
- The System is equipped with a fuel hopper that holds approximately 12 tons of fuel.
What are the uses of the System's Co-Generation and Thermal Energy?
- Hot water
- Air conditioning
- Water purification, distillation and desalination
- Drying, bonding
- Pre-drying excessively wet fuels
- Alternatively, both hot air streams can be used to produce an additional 125kW to 250kW in electricity.